The ice cream man that just keeps on giving
Matt Allen, the self-styled “Ice Cream Man,” started out 6-years ago armed with a 1969 Chevrolet Step Van, a video camera and an endless supply of frozen treats, determined to become the most famous ice cream man in the world.
To date he has handed out over 400,000 ices at music festivals and other events: ”Last year we were able to realise one of our ice cream dreams and we ended up capturing a lot of ice cream adventure as well as performances with some of our favourite bands,” he says.
This summer Allen is back. And with 50,000 Ben & Jerry’s ice creams to give away he’s hoping to “bring out some smiles” and move closer to his target of half a million giveaways.
Check out The Ice Cream Man’s progress in a series of online documentaries at Babelgum.com and below:
Recent Posts on Arts
- A shouting economic adviser, a Nobel Laureate and a rock star scientist on stage at the Jaipur lit fest
- Children’s book blog – the last post!
- Children’s books for December: Herman’s Letter, The Yeti Files, Greenglass House and Winter Damage
- Friday Book Design Blog: The Ariel Poems, and other seasonal pamphlets
- Children’s book blog – Ask the illustrator: Rebecca Cobb
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter