The ice cream man that just keeps on giving
Matt Allen, the self-styled “Ice Cream Man,” started out 6-years ago armed with a 1969 Chevrolet Step Van, a video camera and an endless supply of frozen treats, determined to become the most famous ice cream man in the world.
To date he has handed out over 400,000 ices at music festivals and other events: ”Last year we were able to realise one of our ice cream dreams and we ended up capturing a lot of ice cream adventure as well as performances with some of our favourite bands,” he says.
This summer Allen is back. And with 50,000 Ben & Jerry’s ice creams to give away he’s hoping to “bring out some smiles” and move closer to his target of half a million giveaways.
Check out The Ice Cream Man’s progress in a series of online documentaries at Babelgum.com and below:
Recent Posts on Arts
- 2000Trees Festival: Mighty Oaks from Little Acorns Grow
- The Xcerts: ‘Shaking in the Water’ video stream
- Friday Book Design Blog: Series special - Amos Tutuola and Jane Austen
- Interview with Jamie Lenman: “This time, I was 5 years heavier and 5 years more banjo!”
- Children’s Book Blog – books for July: Eric, the Boy Who Lost His Gravity, The Moomins and Tape
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter