The ice cream man that just keeps on giving
Matt Allen, the self-styled “Ice Cream Man,” started out 6-years ago armed with a 1969 Chevrolet Step Van, a video camera and an endless supply of frozen treats, determined to become the most famous ice cream man in the world.
To date he has handed out over 400,000 ices at music festivals and other events: ”Last year we were able to realise one of our ice cream dreams and we ended up capturing a lot of ice cream adventure as well as performances with some of our favourite bands,” he says.
This summer Allen is back. And with 50,000 Ben & Jerry’s ice creams to give away he’s hoping to “bring out some smiles” and move closer to his target of half a million giveaways.
Check out The Ice Cream Man’s progress in a series of online documentaries at Babelgum.com and below:
Recent Posts on Arts
- Black Peaks Interview: “I was in Lidl looking at potatoes when Zane Lowe called”
- Scottish Book Trust Ask the Author: Cathy MacPhail's
- Lost in the Riots Interview: ‘If you’d told us we’d be going to Europe with this band four times, we would've told you to bugger off!’
- Scottish Book Trust’s Children’s Book Blog
- Friday Book Design Blog: ABCD awards 2015
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter