OK GO release new video, a tired internet sighs
Stop motion animation and the music video has always felt like a marriage made in artistic heaven. Deliberately and endearingly homemade-looking videos have been around for a while (Coldplay’s Strawberry Swing and Oren Lavie’s Her Morning Elegance might well be the best recent examples), but if there’s going to be one surefire mainstream hit from the genre it’s OK GO’s latest effort. Hoping to emulate the successes of past hits like “A Million Ways” and “Here It Goes Again“, which made the band’s videos some of the most viewed ever online, “End Love” from album ‘Of The Blue Colour of the Sky’ depicts the band jerkily parading around a park in Silverlake, California.
With a social media campaign encouraging users to spread the video around the web using Facebook, it’s fair to presume that even with zero marks for originality they’re about to have yet another success story on their hands. How they’re going to make this one translate live though is another question altogether; although the spectacle of a hand-bell powered rendition of “What to do” was enough to bail them out when I reviewed the band in January…
Recent Posts on Arts
- Friday Book Design Blog: Here
- A shouting economic adviser, a Nobel Laureate and a rock star scientist on stage at the Jaipur lit fest
- Children’s book blog – the last post!
- Children’s books for December: Herman’s Letter, The Yeti Files, Greenglass House and Winter Damage
- Friday Book Design Blog: The Ariel Poems, and other seasonal pamphlets
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter