World Cup: England will beat Algeria, but will Capello make changes?
Algeria are expected to drop their goalkeeper but will Fabio Capello drop Robert Green? No good asking me because I would have gambled with Joe Hart in the first place as readers of my previous blogs are concerned.
Capello made a big thing last season about picking players in form and appearing in the first team. David James and Robert Green were trying to skirt around relegation all season. Hart was the star of the Birmingham City side and hardly put a foot wrong for club and on the few times he appeared for country. I think Green will probably be the manager’s choice.
What about up front? Most critics raved about Emile Heskey in the last match. I didn’t. Sure he did exactly what he was asked. But he missed a very good chance and never looks like scoring. England cannot just rely on Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard to score goals. Capello has to try Jermain Defoe or Peter Crouch as starters. Bet he doesn’t!Tagged in: Algeria, england, Joe Hart, Robert Green
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: Napoli’s Need For Goals Could Open Things Up For Arsenal On The Counter
- iBet: Tasty Clash At The Emirates, But Defences Look Very Strong
- iBet: Belgium Are The Springers In The World Cup Betting
- iBet: Price Looks Took Big About A Manchester United Home Win
- iBet Monday managerial merry go round, champions league
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter