Thailand facing rice harvest crisis
The worst drought for two decades is putting Thailand’s rice harvest in jeopardy and could lead to a freeze on exports.
The region, which annually exports an average of 9 million metric tonnes of rice, and consumes as much domestically, is expected to produce as little as 2 million metric tonnes this year.
Hear more from a BBC report below:
Recent Posts on Notebook
- Ibet: Each Way Alternatives To The Favourites In Cheltenham Curtain Raiser
- Her Outdoors: Leek Inquiry
- Barking Blondes: The biggest dog show in the world
- Ibet: Red cards could cost Yeovil when they take on in-form Sheffield Wednesday
- Ibet: England’s Habit Of Conceding Looks Set To Continue Against Denmark
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter