“France supported Iraq war” shock
The Chilcot inquiry has resumed; therefore the attempts by the anti-war media (that is, nearly all of them) to rewrite history have resumed; therefore the Rebuttal Service is back.
Today’s rewriting consists of The Guardian’s reporting of yesterday’s evidence from John Holmes, the UK’s former ambassador to Paris (right).
According to The Guardian, the French government was all for the invasion and any suggestion that it might have vetoed a UN resolution giving more explicit authorisation to it is wicked neo-con propaganda.
Mind you, it is true that Jacques Chirac did offer French military support – before he didn’t.
Photograph: AFP/Getty ImagesTagged in: chilcot, iraq inquiry
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter