The environmentally friendly Daily Mail
Further to my post this morning about the Daily Mail’s contemptible use of a conspiracy theory as a front-page news story, a correspondent draws my attention to another story in a rival publication, namely the Mail on Sunday, two years ago (right).
It was entitled “David Kelly’s closest female confidante on why he COULDN’T have killed himself“. It was the same story as the Mail’s today – the new element being that its source Mai Pederson has written a letter to Dominic Grieve, the Attorney General, repeating her conspiracy theory.
New to me, at least, was also the sheer offensiveness of the insinuation noted by David Aaronovitch that Tony Blair and Janice Kelly lied to the Hutton inquiry:
Witnesses, who included Dr Kelly’s widow, Janice, and Tony Blair, were not questioned under oath.
I am confident that Grieve will tell Pederson and the Mail newspapers what they can do with their endlessly and tastelessly recycled gutter journalism.Tagged in: david kelly, norman baker
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter