Is the net closing in on Tony Blair?
He does read my blog after all! Paul Dacre, editor of the Daily Mail, is doing it just because he knows how much innocent pleasure it gives me.
Not only a column by Tom Utley (right) that pretends that the Mail knows what satire is. Not only a gossip column asking number 356 in my series of Questions to Which the Answer is No: “Is the net closing in on presidential businessman Tony Blair?”
But the question even uses “the net closing in”, one of my favourite Blair-hating clichés from the glory years of the cash-for-honours imbroglio, the “impeach Blair” looney tune and the anti-war court daydream.
The Daily Mail. It’s the complete package. And they can use that in their advertising if they like.Tagged in: headline
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter