The stupidity of Newt Gingrich (Part 2)
Since first blogging about the stupidity of Newt Gingrich – here – I’ve read about the hypocrisies and ideologically motivated accusations thrown around by Mr 1994 and avoided revisiting them on Eagle Eye.
But it’s just impossible to read Maureen Dowd today and not draw attention, once again, to the horror of this man’s views.
As Dowd points out, Gingrich’s arguments against Obamanomics are now so hollow that he’s reduced to that trusty old friend of unthinking right-wingers, xenophobia, to denounce a president who is governing as a pragmatic centrist.
Mr 1994 endorses Dinesh D’Souza’s almost laughably fatuous suggestion that the one thing, the great unifying idea, to explain his shortcomings is nothing to do with his policies.
It’s because his father was a Kenyan. Doh!
Do read Dowd in full.Tagged in: newt gingrich, republicans
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter