London Fashion Week: Mark Fast & Nicole Farhi
Mark Fast’s barely there cobweb knits (below, right) have caused quite a commotion in recent seasons – from the fact that thy leave very little to the imagination, to his use of plus size models in his show.
His s/s11 collection was recognisably Fastian, with yet more cutaway dresses and incredibly tight tube skirts, but they came in rainbow colours and were covered in great manes of ultra-fine fringing that swished in a hippyish way and added a new romance to his pieces.
Nicole Farhi also went down the fringing route, using glittery strands on dresses as well as Perspex tiling on skirts (below, left). There was plenty of White in the mix, with dresses in sumo-esque waffle cotton and others with rubber panels inserted into them.
The venue, the Royal Opera House, was packed for Farhi’s show – one of the highlights of which was a model walking straight out the exit rather than down the catwalk by accident (they’re paid to look good, remember). Front rowers Bill Nighy and French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld seemed to enjoy it.London Fashion Week, mark fast, nicole farhi
Recent Posts on Fashion
- The age of people not wearing trousers low has nothing to with the recession - rappers have just got cooler
- Some pieces from Jonathan Saunders ss13 menswear collection
- Tatty Devine vs Claire's: The trickle-down effect, or outright copycatting?
- Vivienne Westwood’s comments beggar belief
- London fashion week - Burberry Prorsum
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter