Could we action that parameter
Two additions to the Banned List. Tom Harris, for whom I urge Labour MPs not to vote in the Shadow Cabinet election because he says he will give up blogging if elected, and Mark Wallace point out that action is not a verb. The Committee has approved that addition to the Banned List, as no 39.
And Steve Richards, my esteemed colleague on The Independent, is in breach of no 40, the ban on parameter. In fact, I guess that he was caught by a sub-editor, who correctly changed the first parameter to perimeter. Unfortunately the second use was left in, this time as perameter.
Steve’s column is excellent, of course, except that the very perimeter of acceptable debate about the market of which he complains is nonsense, a device of Ed Miliband supporters to pretend that a tabloid campaign to label him “Red Ed” is unfair. Ed M’s views are plainly to the left of both his brother and Ed Balls, despite mischievous attempts to suggest otherwise.Tagged in: banned list
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter