RIP Paul the Psychic Octopus
Tributes have been flooding in for Paul the Psychic Octopus who sadly passed away last night in a fish tank at the Oberhausen Sea Life Centre in Germany.
“Sad news about Paul. I bet he didn’t see that coming.”
“Some consolation for his family was that Paul was well off, meaning meaning they’ll be squids in. A true mark of the Octopus.”
“As a tribute perhaps the fourth round of the Carling Cup could be played over eight legs?”
“Anyone for Paella?”
“So long sucker”
Fitting words for a truly remarkable Octopus. As a further tribute to the Psychic one, rumour has it the dolphins at the Sea Life Centre in Brighton will be wearing black fin bands during this weekend’s acrobatics demonstration. Attempts to confirm this have so far been unsuccessful.
I think we can all agree that this is a sombre time for the football fraternity and it is in no way appropriate to be making jokes at this difficult time.
You can follow Simon Rice on Twitter @simonrice
Tagged in: football, Paul the Octopus, world cup
Recent Posts on Sport
- Ibet: Sit Back And Enjoy As Real Madrid Take On The European Champions
- Wheels: Journeys through Paralympic Sport
- Ibet: Real Madrid To Get The Job Finished In Dortmund
- Ibet: Manchester United may not have the armoury to breach Bayern Munich’s defence
- Ibet: Stats Point To A Lay Of Arsenal As Manchester City Come To Town
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter