Are the Islamist terrorists winning?
Matthew D’Ancona in the Evening Standard argues that we should give the security and intelligence services whatever they ask for to thwart terrorism because, er, because they ask for it and that’s good enough for him.
He also has this:
“In Yemen, Somalia and the border territories of Pakistan, the enemy plots its next move, its eye focused only on the long haul and the big picture. Which is why, when it comes to the battle that really counts — the battle of wills — they are winning, and we are losing.”
So the militant, Islamist, fundamentalist fanatics are winning! Really? I wonder how long it will be before the establishment of the global Islamic caliphate. Can’t be long now.Tagged in: caliphate, Evening Standard, Islamist, matthew d'ancona
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter