mi like toni blr
And some people really did not like it, such as Mr Fux at Labour List, who is not much better at spelling.
He takes exception to my quoting the Blairite James Purnell as wanting to ensure that
people on benefits do not end up getting subsidies for rents that those who work could never afford.
And seems to think that it is an attack line
adopted by right-wing commentators such as Guido Faukes [yes him], and Tory politicians such as Sir George Young
to throw “Labour’s manifesto on the subject … back in our face”. If it is right-wing or Tory to support Labour’s manifesto, then I’m a right-wing Tory.
That will be the manifesto, written by Ed Miliband, which said:
Housing Benefit will be reformed to ensure that we do not subsidise people to live in the private sector on rents that other ordinary working families could not afford.
Like Tom Harris, I agree with Ed.
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter