U turn if you want a dislocate
At Prime Minister’s Questions today Ed Miliband used “u-turn” as a verb. This is verb-oten; it is number 52 on The Banned List. Even if Margaret Thatcher did once famously use the possibility of its being a phrasal verb (thank you Mrs Markey) to make one of the most enduring quotations in British politics.
Number 53 has also been drawn to my attention by David Lea:
banned list, quotations
There is a severe dislocate between many people and the whole political class.
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter