Will Angela Merkel decide Britain’s next government?
Number 446 in my series of Questions to Which the Answer is No is asked by Richard Nabavi at Political Betting, keeping up Mike Smithson’s good work as Qtwtain’s most prolific contributor. Mike himself had just supplied number 445:
Are these five the clincher in the AV referendum?
This refers to a picture (right) of John Prescott, John Reid, Charles Falconer, David Blunkett and Margaret Beckett, all of whom are backing the No campaign for the referendum on electoral reform in May.
Their intervention will, of course, be a significant boost to the Yes campaign, but that is in any case a lost cause.
Thanks to Graham.Tagged in: electoral reform, headline
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter