A Doll’s House at The Space
If you fancy an evening of theatre on the Isle of Dogs then it’s well worth checking out an intriguing adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House at The Space.
In Alex Crampton’s production, the tale of the unravelling of a perfect marriage is told through the eyes of Nora (Gina Abolins). We watch breathlessly as her fears lead her to betray her husband Torvold (Dominik Golding).
Space Productions has taken a playful approach with the staging, using puppets, stylised costumes and an ambitious set that transforms the listed theatre’s space
Almost 150 years on Ibsen’s sensational play raises questions about gender politics, materialism and housewives that are just as prescient today as then.
A Doll’s House is on now until 4th December (excluding Monday), 7.30pm, £12/£8 on the door, £10/£6 in advance
Recent Posts on Arts
- Amrita Sher-Gil joins the top end of Indian art auction sales
- F.N.Souza sets a $4m auction record for an Indian painting
- ArcTanGent Interview: ‘It’s like being part of a secret club’
- Indian rickshaw fetches £100,000 for wild elephants at Prince Charles hosted auction
- Vennart Interview and album stream: ‘This album is more focused on vocals and guitar rather than pounding your head and complex riffs’
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter