A Doll’s House at The Space
If you fancy an evening of theatre on the Isle of Dogs then it’s well worth checking out an intriguing adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House at The Space.
In Alex Crampton’s production, the tale of the unravelling of a perfect marriage is told through the eyes of Nora (Gina Abolins). We watch breathlessly as her fears lead her to betray her husband Torvold (Dominik Golding).
Space Productions has taken a playful approach with the staging, using puppets, stylised costumes and an ambitious set that transforms the listed theatre’s space
Almost 150 years on Ibsen’s sensational play raises questions about gender politics, materialism and housewives that are just as prescient today as then.
A Doll’s House is on now until 4th December (excluding Monday), 7.30pm, £12/£8 on the door, £10/£6 in advance
Recent Posts on Arts
- Jordan Peak: The Rogue element
- Friday Book Design Blog: 3:AM Press
- Children’s Book Blog: Discovering stories in East London
- Friday Book Design Blog: Leaving The Sea, by Ben Marcus
- Children’s Book Blog – books for April: The Day the Crayons Quit, The Unbelievable Top Secret Diary of Pig and Grasshopper Jungle
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter