Is George Osborne really more influential than Cameron?
Number 454 is asked by my good colleague and fellow Eagle Eye blogger Andy McSmith:
Can you be elected President of the USA if You Are Stupid?
McSmith suggests that the answer to this question is Yes because Gerald Ford couldn’t “fart and chew gum at the same time”. But as David Wickes points out in the comments, and Omer Lev pointed out on Twitter, Gerald Ford was not elected. (After the 1972 election, he first replaced Spiro Agnew as Vice President, and then replaced Nixon after Watergate.)Tagged in: headline
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter