BBC bias on Iraq – delayed latest
Nearly a year on, the BBC Trust has still failed to rule on Stan Rosenthal’s appeal against the way in which the Corporation grudgingly, belatedly and wrongly tried to excuse its error in reporting Sir Christopher Meyer’’s evidence to the Chilcot inquiry into the Iraq war.
Meanwhile, Rosenthal has also complained about Jeremy Paxman’s article for The Guardian last month which revealed the extent of his personal bias on the issue of Iraq:
From the initial lies that took us to war, through to the summoning of clubby members of the House of Lords to conduct later “inquiries” that claimed so much and revealed so little, it tarnished everything it touched.
Paxman, presenter of Newsnight, was choosing his “Photograph of the Decade” (right, by Jerome Delay/AP).bbc bias, chilcot, iraq inquiry
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter