iBet: Keep stakes low on the Europa League
I’m no real fan of betting on this competition because the teams involved are rarely outstanding and often closely-matched, plus team news is hard to come by in time for the ‘I’ deadlines. However, there are two possible trades to look at tonight when team sheet information is available. Villareal (kick off 8.05pm) sit third in an outstanding Spanish top division and are unbeaten at home. They should gain revenge on Dynamo Zagreb, and can be backed at about 1.4, or you can lay Zagreb at 12s. CSKA Moscow (kick off 6pm) are hard enough to beat at home at the best of times let alone in the midst of winter. They have scored three in each of their four Europa League games. Providing they field a strong team, there should certainly be at least two goals against Swiss side Lausanne. The price to lay under 1.5 goals is 6 to one. Keep stakes low.
Another nice win on Tuesday on the 1.5 goals line in the Arsenal game. It’s a bet I like and I look for teams consistently involved in high scoring games. In the Premiership, a team you can usually rely on for goals is Blackpool – only one of their games this season has ended with less than two goals. In the lower divisions, keep an eye on Peterborough, who are averaging over four goals a game in the league. Their games are especially prolific at home.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betcheckerbetting
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter