Number 53 on The Banned List is toilet used as a verb.
Thank you to Tania Kindersley, who heard a woman on the radio talking of “toileting, feeding, etc”.
No thanks to Simon Gardner, who says that the full Oxford English Dictionary has: toilet, v. “To perform one’s toilet, to wash and attire oneself” * First use of ppt. 1864.
And thanks to Arieh Kovler, who drew my attention to this:banned list
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter