The Tenuous Link Prize
Tenuous link prize goes to the Daily Mail, and not for copying out the Press Association report that Charlie Gilmour’s father’s bandmate Roger Waters, whose father was killed in the Second World War, wrote some lyrics about soldiers.
No, the Mail manages something even thinner:
Gilmour’s* maternal grandmother, Esther Cheo Ying, was of Chinese descent and served as a major in Chairman Mao’s Red Army – not renowned for its tolerance of protesters.
*I think that this means Charlie not David.
Photograph of Charlie Gilmour with red flag: Tristan GregoryTagged in: how journalism works
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter