Chelsea’s Premier League dominance over Manchester United on the line
It’s official and it’s demonstrable and it’s enough to leave a Red feeling Blue: Chelsea are Manchester United’s toughest opponents in the Premier League. United of course have the chance to change the momentum in that relationship this weekend, with themselves on the up, apparently, and unbeaten, certainly, while Chelsea struggle for wins after a storming start.
In 712 Premier League games to date, United have gained 1,528 points, allowing opponents a measly 454 collectively. (Full details below in table).
Chelsea have collected 50 of those points from 36 games; indeed Chelsea have gained more points from United than United have from them: 50-44, thanks most recently to a Blue double last season. Chelsea also achieved that feat in 1993-94 and 2004-05.
You can read more from Brian Sears at sportingintelligence.comTagged in: chelsea, football, manchester united, Premier League
Recent Posts on Sport
- New day (slowly) rising - As Brasileirão gets underway, Brazilian football stumbles, rather than leaps into the future
- iBet: Mercedes and Hamilton to roar in Monaco
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: It sounds sadistic, but the team live for the mountain stages
- iBet: Rose has the ammunition for Wentworth
- Brits on fire in the wet at Le Mans!
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter