Keep the stupid phone
1. GET A SMARTPHONE
2. STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER
3. UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS TO THE CLOUD
4. GET MUSIC OFF YOUR COMPUTER
5. BACK UP YOUR DATA
6. SET UP A FREE FILE-SHARING SERVICE
7. GET FREE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
8. GET A BETTER DEAL FROM YOUR CABLE, PHONE AND INTERNET PROVIDER
9. BUY A LOT OF CHARGING CABLES
10. CALIBRATE YOUR HDTV
1. Now is precisely the time not to get a “smart” phone if you do not need one. They are largely time-wasting devices, and their popularity means that you can get really cheap deals on ordinary phones. Ask for a sim-only contract and watch the price fall.
4. Most people know how to get music to where they want it, headphones or speakers, without shelling out for expensive Apple accessories.
9 and 10. If your grandmother is still with you after Christmas, you could also show her the best way to suck eggs.Tagged in: computers
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter