Has Michael Gove just come out for a general election pact with the Liberal Democrats?
If they’re wise enough to vote Liberal Democrat at the next local elections in Hull, or for the Conservatives in any seat where we are well-placed to defeat Labour, then they will have a council that is fulfilling its statutory duty.
Well, I agree that view could possibly be described as a pact if adopted officially by the Tory party and reciprocated by the Lib Dems – although it would be an odd one: the parties would be fielding candidates but urging voters to support rival candidates in places. Otherwise it is simply Gove doing what he does best: causing mischief.
Number 489 was asked by the first leading article in The Times (pay wall) yesterday:
Is British Petroleum turning into Bolshoi Petroleum?
Meanwhile, I record my thanks and best wishes to Will Cookson, who, inspired by the example of some internet fruitcake, has just started his own series of “Theological Questions to Which the Answer is No”, starting with this, from Time:
Tagged in: headline
Does the Death of 200 Cows in Wisconsin Confirm Biblical Prophecy?
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter