I took this photograph in 2007. I was frustrated with having been controlled by the scale for 10 years.
I came across this photograph tonight and realised just how many years have slipped by with meaningless numbers still having such a grip on me.
It makes me feel sad mainly. Ashamed too. Hypocritical. Weak.
I wish I could do this – and mean it.
NB. I realise I have maggot toes. We can’t all be perfect.Tagged in: anorexia, mental illness, photography, recovery, weight
Recent Posts on Notebook
- Justin Webb on the medical advances in tackling heart disease
- The Photography Blog: 'Control Order House' by Edmund Clark - Photographing our response to terrorism
- Dementia Awareness Week: Should we keep an open mind to spiritual solutions?
- Hearing loss: An invisible impairment and a preventable disability
- Barking Blondes: When to vaccinate
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter