Friday playlist: Sugarland
This week’s Friday playlist comes via Sugarland. Listen to it here on Spotify and read the American duo’s explanation of the reasoning behind their selections below.
The National – Terrible Love
This band always reminds me to reach further, try harder and use my heart to make music not just my fingers and voice. This song will carry you away if you let it.
The Civil Wars – Poison and Wine
An amazing song from two up and coming songwriters. They feel like worthy successors to the Swell Season. This song fits winter outside my window like a glove
Michael Jackson – Thriller
This song still sounds awesome 27 years later. I had to explain to my son who Vincent Price was.
Sara Bareilles – Uncharted
I love listening to Sara’s voice and the way she bends lyrics and melodies around her piano keys.
Little Big Town – Shut Up Train
This song makes me proud to be a fan of these four talented artists. Heartbreak is written about a lot and rarely mastered. This is the real thing.
Love this song from Beyonce. We sang it with her at the American Music Awards- a moment to remember!
Mumford and Sons- Sigh No More
We wanted to do another with Little Big Town as we loved having all these voices out on the road. This track really worked for us.
Bon Jovi- Livin On A Prayer
This was another collaboration track! You can’t go wrong with a classic like this.
Picture credit: Dana Tynan
Recent Posts on Arts
- F.N.Souza sets a $4m auction record for an Indian painting
- ArcTanGent Interview: ‘It’s like being part of a secret club’
- Indian rickshaw fetches £100,000 for wild elephants at Prince Charles hosted auction
- Vennart Interview and album stream: ‘This album is more focused on vocals and guitar rather than pounding your head and complex riffs’
- India’s old moderns keep the art auctions buoyant
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter