I missed this from Alastair Campbell on Monday, which sums up the “Col Gaddafi is Tony Blair’s Fault” idiocy better than any other:
A lot of this is about our media, which moves so easily from one conventional wisdom – ‘Gaddafi is changing’ – to another – ‘It was so obvious he was never changing at all, and anyone who thought otherwise now has blood on their hands.’
He also provides a public service by reprinting Jack Straw’s Times article from last Saturday, about which I also wrote, in full.
Photograph: PATagged in: alastair campbell, Libya
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter