“Anybody who doesn’t have regrets is an idiot”
I haven’t covered Blair hatred for a while. It’s pretty irrelevant and I was getting no closer to understanding its psychopathology.
When a commenter on this blog says, “Blair is worse than Hitler, not in terms of scale, but in terms of honesty”, there doesn’t seem much point in even noting it. And just because Katharine Hamnett is famous (something to do with punk, I think) doesn’t make her views any more noteworthy. On the other hand, the sheer mindboggling idiocy of this does draw one up short:
My real-life villains… Obviously Tony Blair, Gaddafi… where do you stop? Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao; it’s endless, but I think Blair is probably up there in that league.
In answer to another prompt, “My greatest regret …”, she said:
Too many. Anybody who doesn’t have regrets is an idiot.
Photograph: Immo KlinkTagged in: blair rage
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter