Blogs

“Anybody who doesn’t have regrets is an idiot”

John Rentoul

hamnett 200x300 Anybody who doesnt have regrets is an idiotI haven’t covered Blair hatred for a while. It’s pretty irrelevant and I was getting no closer to understanding its psychopathology.

When a commenter on this blog says, “Blair is worse than Hitler, not in terms of scale, but in terms of honesty”, there doesn’t seem much point in even noting it. And just because Katharine Hamnett is famous (something to do with punk, I think) doesn’t make her views any more noteworthy. On the other hand, the sheer mindboggling idiocy of this does draw one up short:

My real-life villains… Obviously Tony Blair, Gaddafi… where do you stop? Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao; it’s endless, but I think Blair is probably up there in that league.

In answer to another prompt, “My greatest regret …”, she said:

Too many. Anybody who doesn’t have regrets is an idiot.

Photograph: Immo Klink

Tagged in:
  • MaylisdeR

    My biggest regret is that EU law allows talentless hacks such as Rentoul to live in my favourite city. Actually I think that would be better abbreviated to “allows talentless hacks such as Rentoul to live”.

  • Guest

    I agree. In fact lets go so far as to say, for example, 90 percent of marriages end up in regret, if not necessarily the divorce court, whilst the remaining 10 per cent victim to Alzheimers.

    An imperfect world where expectation turns out the consistent loser.

  • Blagh147

    Weak man.

  • smike e

    “When a commenter on this blog says, “Blair is worse than Hitler, not in terms of scale, but in terms of honesty”, there doesn’t seem much point in even noting it.”

    Absolutely.
    There’s no one on the planet who doesn’t know that.

  • JohnJustice

    There isn’t a Ban BLIAR Baiting campaign. The other one is going very well thank you, with high quality support continuing to come in and members continuing to confront the media on all fronts.


Most viewed

Property search
Browse by area

Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter