Best Placards on the March
Ed Miliband has spoken. As if on cue, the anarchists in Oxford Street started scuffling with police the moment he started, so that both the BBC and Sky carried sound of his speech – unwisely comparing the demo to the suffragettes, the civil rights movement and the anti-apartheid campaign – over pictures of troublemakers with black scarves over their faces.
So that went as well for Labour as could have been, and was, predicted.
Still, some of the placards are witty.
Tagged in: march for the alternative
“Please Mind the Gap Between the Lib Dems and Their Platform” (Thanks to Stella Creasy.)
“Stand for this Yoda would not” (Stella Creasy again.)
“Does Anyone Else Miss Gordon?” (John Woodcock.)
“Does my society look big in this?” (T-shirt via Ben Hewitt.)
“David, all artists hate you. Except Tracey Emin and you’re welcome to her”
“What would Clem do?” (Joshua Peck.)
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter