iBet: Look to the best defence in the play-offs
Nottingham Forest v Swansea, Championship Play-Off semi-final, tonight 7.45pm
Lay Nottingham Forest at 6/4
The play-offs must be the best thing the Football League ever invented – they extend the season and give the fans of four teams great excitement and hope, as well as generating lots of revenue. The Championship play-offs are worth tens of millions but this year in particular they are very hard to call indeed with all four teams very close in the betting. All have shown their share of fallibility in the run-in and in such circumstances I look to who has the best defence – and in this case it’s Swansea. They conceded 42 goals in the campaign – that’s less than a goal a game – compared to the 50 conceded by Notts Forest, 51 by Reading and 54 by Cardiff. Despite this and the fact that Forest finished the season five points behind Swansea, Forest are favourites. The value is therefore to lay Forest, with the draw a big runner.
The build-up to the big fight between David Haye and Wladimir Klitschko is well underway. The massive Ukrainian can be backed at 1.6 with Betfair, which considering the fight is in Germany, where he is treated like a god, seems fair enough to me. It’s 5/4 he wins it by a knockout, which he usually does.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter