iBet: Depleted Wales will struggle against full-strength Scotland
Wales v Scotland, Carling Nations Cup
Lay Wales at 2.6 to one
Scotland hammered Northern Ireland 3-0 in the first round of the Carling Nations Cup ties, thanks to goals from Miller, McArthur and Commons. It was 2-0 at half time and could have been more as the Scots took their foot off the gas in the second half. Wales meanwhile, who are on a poor run anyway, were thumped 3-0 by the Republic of Ireland and sit joint bottom of the group. Wales manager Gary Speed has some terrible problems with injuries with Gareth Bale, Sam Ricketts, Andrew Crofts, Joe Ledley, Ched Evans, Christian Ribiero and Brian Stock out, while Ashley Williams, Joe Allen, Simon Church and Hal Robson-Kanu are all unavailable due to their participation in the Championship play-off final on Monday. Craig Bellamy and James Collins are also doubts. Craig Levein on the other hand has an almost full squad to pick from and the Scots should be able to at least secure a draw.
The market for who will be the next manager of Chelsea is very interesting and for me all roads lead to Roman Abromovich’s old mate Guus Hiddink. The Dutchman’s contract as manager of Turkey takes him through to Euro 2012, but he has already said he will leave if they fail to qualify and his agent has refused to rule him out. You can back him at just under 3-1 at the time of writing on Betfair.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter