I disagree with Tony Blair
But I also flicked through some of the rest of it, and was struck by this argument (page 681), which I didn’t take in first time round, about whether Labour could have won in 2010, and whether the Iraq war was a factor:
We won in 2005 after Iraq, and the public were hardly likely to elect Labour under the prime minister who took the country to war, then wait five years to take it out on the person who didn’t.
With that I agree strongly.blair a journey, iraq war, tony blair
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter