The end of consumerism?
Number 635 in the series that keeps on giving (is that on the Banned List?), Questions to Which the Answer is No, is asked by Leo Hickman, maintaining the Guardian-Compass franchise on wistful anti-capitalism.
Thanks to Dan O’Connor.
This would be a good moment to say again how much I enjoy self-checkouts.
Meanwhile, Ashley Wise asks:
Have any of John Rentoul’s Questions to Which the Answer is No actually turned out to be a Question to Which the Answer is Yes?
Which is, of course, number 636.Tagged in: headline
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter