Song of the Day: Mozart Parties – Black Cloud
Finger-clicks, sweetly-sung melodies and a vaguely syncopated rhythm may seem out of place in a song about living under a cloud of depression, but Mozart Parties (AKA James Bennett) clearly approaches the whole ‘nervous breakdown thing’ with an element of black humour. The song’s heavy, occasionally overdriven bassline suggests an Afrobeat influence (albeit one that comes via Vampire Weekend) while the subtly-mixed, reverb-laden guitars are probably the only instrument to really echo the song’s gloomy subject matter.barometer, black cloud, depression, mozart parties, song of the day, songs, vampire weekend
Recent Posts on Arts
- Interview with singer songwriter Ayanna: 'In creating music, I experience a powerful exchange of energy'
- Tapesh & Maximiljan look back on 2013
- The Children’s Book Blog Christmas Countdown: The House Without a Christmas Tree by Gail Rock
- Interview with Molly: 'I must have very lucky stars above my head!'
- The Children’s Book Blog Christmas Countdown: The Bear’s Winter House by John Yeoman, illustrated by Quentin Blake
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter