A commuter’s marathon 2: Welcome to the dawning of the age of Abellio
Not a great start for my first trip on Greater Anglia, with plenty of cancellations on the Southend Victoria line today after the weekend snow.
I know Greater Anglia have only just taken over the franchise from National Express East Anglia but it wasn’t even freezing this morning. And the snow last fell more than 24 hours ago and was well below the tracks.
Were there speed restrictions? I heard the platform announcement when we stopped at Stratford. Bit we in the 0751 sardine tins from Billericay were told there was a points failure at Liverpool Street. Who knows? Be nice to think someone did.
We just arrived late (about 20 minutes) as usual, with about 20 of is standing in a steamy carriage – as usual.
As for the station car park, how can NCP charge more than £1k a year and seemingly not even arrange to clear the car park entrances?olympics, Stratford, Trains
Recent Posts on Notebook
- Justice for sale but who pays for the cost?
- The Road to the Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc - Majorca 70.3 Ironman
- The Retail Ready People project means the future of the high street is in your hands
- Don't get mad about Amazon and make the right ethical choice
- Chagos: Conservationists are swimming in murky waters
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter