Stratford watch: The trains now standing…
After previous blogs detailing the problems of the main line through Stratford, and a foray into the crushed and diddy Central Line carriages, it was inevitable that the Jubilee Line would soon join the roll of dishonour.
Well here’s how the Press Association put today’s Stratford mess-up: “Meanwhile, there were severe rush-hour delays on the Underground’s Jubilee line today due to a signal failure at North Greenwich in south London.”
Remember it was only last week that Boris Johnson tried to defend the Jubilee Line after three days of delays after ice problems, track issues and faulty trains. So today’s signal trouble presumably makes the full set.
At least ice shouldn’t be a problem during the Olympics.
Even the comparatively well-behaved Docklands Light Railway joined in today’s commuter misery, with a track fault at Canning Town.
I hope this summer’s visitors to the Olympics park remember their hiking shoes.Tagged in: commuter, olympics, Stratford, Trains
Recent Posts on Notebook
- Justice for sale but who pays for the cost?
- The Road to the Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc - Majorca 70.3 Ironman
- The Retail Ready People project means the future of the high street is in your hands
- Don't get mad about Amazon and make the right ethical choice
- Chagos: Conservationists are swimming in murky waters
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter