iBet: Germany could have their shooting boots on at Euro 2012
Back Germany to be the team scoring the most goals at 4-1 with Paddy Power
With a bit of a lull in sporting activity before the European Championships kicks off on June 8th, I’ll be taking the opportunity to look at some of the event’s long term markets. My own fancies for the tournament are Germany and Holland, and if you are sweet on these teams on the outright markets you have to bet with BetVictor at 11/4 and 13/2, as you will get your money back if 5/2 favourites Spain lift the trophy. Germany scored 34 goals in their ten qualifying games, which was bettered only by Holland who notched 37. But Germany’s numbers read better because the Dutch had powder-puff San Marino in their group. The teams find themselves in the so-called ‘Group Of Death’ with Denmark, and Portugal, whose group games averaged over four goals apiece. Germany play on the front foot and you can ignore the weekend’s 5-3 friendly loss to Switzerland, as more than half the squad was missing.
Germany striker Mario Gomez is a best priced 9-1 with Betfair to be the top tournament goalscorer. It’s 8/1 that Germany and Spain contest the final.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: Favourites have a good record in the Coventry stakes
- Newcastle don't need a football director - they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
- iBet: Italy may be more focused on the Confederations Cup than Mexico
- Bayer Leverkusen are the real winners from Andre Schurrle's transfer to Chelsea
- End of the beginning: Confederations Cup an important World Cup yardstick for Brazil
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter