Did Jesus Foresee the US Constitution?
Andrew Sullivan in The Daily Beast asks number 811 in my series of Questions to Which the Answer is No, in the headline on an article about Mormonism. Possibly not a genuine QTWTAIN (I don’t think Sullivan believes the US Constitution was foretold in 1st-century Judaea), unless it is rephrased to ask, “Does Mitt Romney believe that Jesus foresaw the US Constitution?”
Thanks to Nick Davies.
Number 812 is asked by Care2, whatever that is:
Is UK Education Secretary Gove Destroying Foundations Of English Education?
Thanks to Graham. One or two of my colleagues in the pontificating trade were taken by Michael Gove’s evidence to the Leveson inquiry yesterday, especially his vigorous defence of freedom of the press including, “by definition”, the right to offend people, and talking about him as a future prime minister again. I admire Gove inordinately, and have entertained the possibility that he would be good in the top job, but fully accept that he is not a retail proposition.Tagged in: headline, qtwtain
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter