Must watch: Head cracking celebrations from Scotland
Rugby union has always had a slightly snooty attitude to the equivalent of football’s goal celebrations.
England wing Chris Ashton’s swallow dive with outstretched arm landed him in trouble when it was rumoured he’d hurt his back doing it for his club Northampton. The disco-dancing Danny Cipriani earned more jeers than cheers with his swivel-hipped celebration of a try while he was playing for Melbourne Rebels.
Now two of Scotland’s players exulting in their unexpected Test win over Australia in Newcastle, New South Wales on Tuesday may be wishing they had gone in for rugby’s traditional stiff-upper-lip handshake and stroll to the bar rather than leaping on top of goal-kicker Greig Laidlaw at the final whistle.
In a hilarious and completely unintentional variation of the chest-to-chest gridiron-style celebration, Alasdair Strokosch and Joe Ansbro cracked heads (at 25 seconds in) with their poorly conceived choreography…Tagged in: australia, rugby union, Scotland
Recent Posts on Sport
- Wheels: Journeys through Paralympic Sport
- Ibet: Real Madrid To Get The Job Finished In Dortmund
- Ibet: Manchester United may not have the armoury to breach Bayern Munich’s defence
- Ibet: Stats Point To A Lay Of Arsenal As Manchester City Come To Town
- Ibet: Manchester United’s Record Against Top Half Teams Is Poor
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter