Top of the posts: The start of Euro 2012, a brand new Lara Croft and a whole lot of Jubilee
This week’s debate looked at the recent report into body image which showed how children are growing ever more aware and anxious about their appearance. Nicky Clark agrees with MPs’ decisions to introduce body image lessons, while Harriet Walker argues that body image simply isn’t something that can be taught in class, with many readers taking part in the discussion.
For sci-fi fans, Neela Debnath offers a rare treat, interviewing five actors who’ve played the iconic Doctor, including Colin Baker and Peter Davison.
Elsewhere, Charlotte Rachael Proudman points out that despite the jubilation last weekend surrounding the Queen’s 60 year reign, the monarchy isn’t value for money, Nicolas Niarchos highlights how politicians hide behind language despite pushing for a free press, and Sophie Warnes looks at how our ultimate gaming heroine has changed for the new Tomb Raider release.
Here are the most read blogs this week, as determined by stats:
1. Christine Lagarde’s fairytale world by Manuel Barcia
2. The Diamond Jubilee: Elizabeth’s 60 years draining the state By Charlotte Rachael Proudman
3. The rise of the Right: Why liberals cannot afford to lose by Yasmin Qureshi and Dr Nafeez Ahmed
4. Panorama: Stadiums of Hate – a Polish fan’s response from the stands By Michał Zachodny
5. Euro 2012: Netherlands preview By Majid Mohamed
6. Baroness Warsi’s troubles are not black-and-white By Musa Okwonga
7. Mars Bar fans point the way for Hodgson’s England to play By Mike Ward
8. The Debate: Should body image lessons be introduced in schools? By Nicky Clark and Harriet Walker
9. Obama’s drone strikes, Jeremy Hunt and a deficit of meaning By Nicolas Niarchos
10. Tomb Raider: Crossroads and the rebirth of the ultimate gaming heroine By Sophie Warnes
11. Legionnaires’ disease: An explanation By Dr John Moore-Gillon
12. Q&A with ‘Doctor Who’ stars: The five Doctors By Neela DebnathTagged in: indy blogs
Recent Posts on Notebook
- Justice for sale but who pays for the cost?
- The Road to the Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc - Majorca 70.3 Ironman
- The Retail Ready People project means the future of the high street is in your hands
- Don't get mad about Amazon and make the right ethical choice
- Chagos: Conservationists are swimming in murky waters
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter