iBet: The best player of Euro 2012
Player Of The Tournament betting
Back Mesut Ozil at 6-1 – generally available
Germany’s Mesut Ozil still looks a stand out bet to be named player of the tournament at Euro 2012. We backed him at 14-1 at the start, but I’m surprised to see that you can get 6-1 with several firms now they are through to the semi final, and I think that’s still bet material. The Real Madrid star is Germany’s playmaker. The 23-year old has stood out in every one of Germany’s games. He was named Carling Man Of The Match against Portugal and also in the outstanding 4-2 win over Greece. History shows that to win the Player of the Tournament accolade you have to be in the team that lifts the cup. That’s obviously not a given, but if they do (and they are now 7/4 joint favourites to do so) I can’t see the judges choosing any other Germany player.
Novak Djokovic has been well backed for Wimbledon glory and is now a best priced 6/4 to lift the Men’s Singles trophy, with Rafael Nadal 9/4 and Federer, who has a nice draw, 9/2. Andy Murray looks to have a tough draw and has drifted out to as big as 14-1.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- New day (slowly) rising - As Brasileirão gets underway, Brazilian football stumbles, rather than leaps into the future
- iBet: Mercedes and Hamilton to roar in Monaco
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: It sounds sadistic, but the team live for the mountain stages
- iBet: Rose has the ammunition for Wentworth
- Brits on fire in the wet at Le Mans!
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter