iBet: Tiredness could be key in Germany v Italy semi-final
Italy v Germany, kick off 7.45pm
Back Germany at 10/11, generally available
I think the importance of tired legs should not be underestimated in this clash. Germany, our picks for the tournament, haven’t lost a competitive fixture since Spain beat them 1-0 in the 2010 World Cup, and they breezed into the semi finals and even managed to rest some of their key men in the 4-2 win over Greece. Italy meanwhile had to battle hard for 120 minutes to see of England, and have had two days less rest. Italy’s strength is its defence. In qualifying they only conceded two goals and they have only conceded two in this tournament so far. However, Germany have the best balanced side in world football in my opinion and they play on the front foot. It might take a long time to break down the stubborn Italian backline which is made up of the core of the Juventus team that was so impressive at the back in Serie A this season. However, I feel that Germany have the quality to break through that England do not. Germany are a stand out 1.46 to qualify with Betfair but the last time they drew a competitive match was back in 2009 and they may be worth backing to get the job done in 90 minutes.
Ladbrokes offer of 5/6 that the big three – Nadal, Federer and Djokovic all make the Wimbledon men’s semi finals looks interesting. It’s around 9/4 with Betfair that Murray does as well.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- Nike kit deal puts England at No 2 in the world (but which country is top?)
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter