Anderson Cooper, Bob Diamond, Bates Motel, #ToMyFutureKids: Why are they trending?
#Diamond / Marcus Agius / Bob Diamond
The Barclays top dogs are trending for a third day running. This morning Bob Diamond bowed to pressure and announced his resignation. @TonyParsonsUK tweets: “‘Behind every great fortune there is a crime’. – Balzac #Diamond”
A hashtag that’s less a source of wisdom for future generations and more a forum for teenagers to gripe at their parents. @BieberGum says: “I will buy you tickets to see your idol without thinking for a second because i know how much he/she will mean to you…”
US TV network, A&E has commissioned a Psycho prequel TV series from Carlton Cuse, a writer on Lost.
The Libor scandal has swept up the shadow chancellor. George Osborne said “no one more than me” would like to see Ed Balls “in the dock”. @GuidoFawkes says “Am enjoying @EdBallsMP criticizing LIBOR self-regulation. He was either in Treasury or City Minister for most of 13 years.”Anderson Cooper, barclays, bob diamond, ed balls, gay rights, george osborne, Justin Bieber, norman bates, Psycho
Recent Posts on Notebook
- In the 'European Month of the Brain' should we be open-minded about spiritual solutions?
- Hearing loss: An invisible impairment and a preventable disability
- Barking Blondes: When to vaccinate
- Enslaved to maize: Why we need to re-think Malawi's agricultural future
- The real ghetto superstar: Why Floyd Mayweather is no Muhammad Ali
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter