“Has President Obama Travelled to Mars?”
Pay no attention to Tony Blair’s interview on Sky News this morning (still the master of the Vacuo-Olympian sound bite: “It’s really important to distinguish between a coalition that is a marriage of conviction and a coalition that is a marriage of convenience”). Do not click on my column for The Independent on Sunday on why The Mirror’s headline, “Call this Justice?” was a QTWTAIY. Avert your eyes from Tom Harris’s brilliant article for Labour List on the ultimate betrayal: trying to persuade former Tory voters to vote Labour.
Instead, read this: “Has President Obama Travelled to Mars?” Number 830 in my series of Questions to Which the Answer is No, asked by Rob Schwarz at Stranger Dimensions (“Apocalyptic science and the ends of the world collide…”) in January but for some reason overlooked until now.
Top opening paragraph: “At the age of 19, President Barack Obama went by the name of Barry Soetero, and he had been to Mars.”
Thanks to Simone Webb for putting right that omission.Tagged in: headline, qtwtain
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
- Do the latest GDP revisions vindicate Osborne's austerity?
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter