iBet: Christian Taylor has impressed in the triple jump
Olympics, Men’s Triple Jump Final
Back Christian Taylor for gold at 8/13
We are now playing with winnings after our 66/1 tip for the Men’s 400m Hurdles, Felixe Sanchez, scooted in, but that’s no reason to be ‘gung ho’ with our betting. It’s still all about looking for value whether the price is long or, as in the case of the men’s triple jump, shot. There’s very little chance of Jonathan Edwards’ world record of 18.29m being threatened in the men’s triple jump final on Thursday. However, 2011 World Championship gold medallist Christian Taylorof the USA has dominated this event all year and duly produced the longest jump in the qualification rounds as well. With a personal best of just short of 18m, he’s got more in the tank than any of the other 11 finalists, and although the even money about him has now all gone, the 22-year-old is arguably still good value to take the gold medal at the 8/13 available at the time of writing with Betfair, Ladbrokes and Coral.
The book has opened for Sunday’s Premier League season curtain raiser, the Community Shield. Man City go off the 5/4 favourites with Chelsea 2/1 and the draw 9/4.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go towww.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- New day (slowly) rising - As Brasileirão gets underway, Brazilian football stumbles, rather than leaps into the future
- iBet: Mercedes and Hamilton to roar in Monaco
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: It sounds sadistic, but the team live for the mountain stages
- iBet: Rose has the ammunition for Wentworth
- Brits on fire in the wet at Le Mans!
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter