iBet: Odds for the Premier League title
Premier League Outright Betting
The best price you will get about Manchester City retaining their Premier League title is the 13/10 on offer from Coral and Ladbrokes. Last season they went off at 7/2 and with the monkey off their back, I expect them to go in again. If you fancy Manchester United, who went trophy-less last season, to bounce back you won’t do much better than the 13/5 with 888Sport. Despite some serious investment Chelsea are nearly twice the price they went off at for the 2011/2012 season at 5/1 (Betfair, BoDog), and uncertainty around Van Persie means you can get 13/1 with 32Red and Betfair against Arsenal claiming the title. There’s plenty of disagreement about Liverpool’s chances. They are 16/1 in places, but you can get 33/1 with several firms. Spurs are 38/1, Newcastle 258/1 and Everton 519/1, all with Betfair. The high street firms offer a third of the odds for the top two each way. Betting comparison site Oddschecker.com is the place to check out all the prices and markets.
There are loads of internationals tonight, but friendlies are not betting mediums with managers often forced to play experimental line-ups. For the record, England got off the 6/4 favourites against Italy (21/20 with BetVictor). The draw is a big runner at 23/20 (SkyBet). Both field significantly weakened teams.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go towww.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter