iBet: Scotland will find Macedonia hard to break down
World Cup 2012 Qualifiers
Scotland v Macedonia, kick off 8pm
Lay over 3.5 goals at 3.8/1; Lay Macedonia at 4/1; Lay 9 corners and under (all with Betfair)
Frustrated Scotland fans can expect more of the same tonight. Macedonia may be ranked only just inside the top 100 of world football, but they are a tough team to break down and they held out for 69 minutes in Croatia before succumbing 1-0 to a Nikita Jelavic strike. Croatia are in the top ten in the world, a full 38 places above the Scots, and form suggests another low scoring encounter. Only one of Macedonia’s last ten games has produced more than three goals, and only one of the others more than two goals. There have been four 1-0s in that period, and three 0-0s. Scotland do feature in games with more goals but this is likely to be more about Macedonia playing negatively and trying to keep chances to a minimum. The Scots may well win and are not a bad price at all to do so at 4/5, but fans may have to be patient again and the value may be to bet on there being less than four goals.
There were 17 corners in Scotland’s 0-0 draw with Serbia, 12 of them to the home side. It may pay to expect a similar pattern as the home team presses for a lead.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter