That Obama Snub In Full
Much excitement at Westminster today over a tale in Racing Post, via Andy McSmith’s excellent diary in The Independent, that David Cameron, told that President Obama was on the line, said he would call him back after he had finished his game of tennis with Charlie Brooks, husband of Rebekah.
A likely story.
I remember Tony Blair doing something similar at a leaving party at No 10 for his political secretary Phil Wilson, now MP for Sedgefield. The Prime Minister was giving a generous speech when someone put a head round the door to say that the White House was on the line.
“I’ve always wanted to do this for you, Phil,” said Blair, turning back to door. “Tell them I will call them back.”Tagged in: barack obama, david cameron, tony blair
Recent Posts on Eagle Eye
- The King of Bhutan’s hopes in 1987 for Gross National Happiness are valid today
- Cameron and Modi bond as they woo some 60,000 overseas Indians at Wembley
- Modi tries to revamp his battered image as he flies to London
- Big defeat for India's Narendra Modi just before UK visit
- Mark Carney is compromising the Bank of England’s independence
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter