iBet: Go low on goals in this fixture
Leyton Orient V Doncaster Rovers, kick off 3pm
Lay over 3.5 goals at 3-1 with Betfair
Games that look close on paper are very often just that on the pitch, and it may pay to go low on goals in Saturday’s fixture at the Matchroom Stadium.
The home team has ten points after seven games while Doncaster have a point more, but the key driver for this bet is in the goals column. The Os have kept things tight with only seven goals conceded and four 1-0s in their League One games this season, which have averaged 2.14 goals. Doncaster Rovers meanwhile boast the third best defence in the division despite sitting in 12th, with only six goals shipped and an identical goals per game average. All seven of Doncaster’s league games have finished with less than four goals and I think that the odds to lay over 3.5 goals with Betfair should be longer than 3-1.
The Premier League looks very trappy indeed this weekend. Sunderland are struggling for goals and could become the only team ever to draw their opening five Premier League games when they play Wigan Athletic today – the odds for a draw are 5/2.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter