iBet: Port Vale are off to a flyer
Port Vale v Oxford, kick off 7.45pm, Sky Sports
Lay under 1.5 goals at 3.6 with Betfair
Oxford were well backed for the League Two title last season but they struggled to put runs of wins together and came up short in ninth, their tally of 59 goals being easily the lowest in the top ten. The money came in again pre-season and they went off as short as 12-1, but after 11 games they find themselves just five points off the bottom and they have been especially weak away from home, losing four of five. Port Vale could be backed at 33-1 for League Two pre-season, but are off to a flyer. But for a ten point reduction last season for going into administration, which saw them finish mid table, they would have finished just three points outside the play-offs. The loss of perennial top scorer Marc Richards to Chesterfield was seen as a huge blow to promotion hopes this time around, but they are scoring goals for fun with 25 in their first 11 games, which makes them the division’s top scorers and they can cement their second place in the table tonight. The Vale have also let in 12, and fans are seeing over three goals a game at home and away. Oxford’s away games average 3.4.
England are a best priced even money to win in Poland tomorrow, with the home side 3-1 and the draw 9/4. Wayne Rooney is 9/2 favourite to notch the first goal.
Betfair gives you better value. To see how much more you can win go to www.betfair.com/betchecker
Recent Posts on Sport
- iBet: A tight game between Northampton and Bradford
- On The Road at the Giro d'Italia: Feeling ill and racing in the rain must be pretty grim
- PSG and the French league must be more proactive in dealing with hooliganism
- The ghost at the feast: Luiz Felipe Scolari hopes that dropping Ronaldinho for the Confederations Cup won't come back to haunt Brazil
- iBet: Chelsea and Benfica to continue scoring runs
Latest from Independent journalists on Twitter